Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A MESSAGE FROM MARK WARKENTIN

Greetings From Sudan,

I am awestruck at what God has done over the last several weeks. We had a team from western Washington come to Sudan and God used them wonderfully. I am filled with joy and appreciation. Sometimes the task begins to overwhelm me and I forget to reflect on the fruit, not just the work. This past month I have enjoyed seeing The LORD work in peoples' lives.

Gary and Louise have been coming here to Sudan since 1998 when the "bombers" were still passing over, ministering here when few else braved the frontlines of ministry. Yet today I am enjoying their labors. They have planted, and I am harvesting together with them. They have brought many people over here on their teams, and all have returned home, except one-who shall remain nameless. Those who go on teams return home to share their joy and encourage others to "come and see what GOD is doing in the Sudan". Through their invitations many have experienced Missions on the Frontlines and been deeply and personally impacted. Praise the LORD.

This year there has been a wonderful response in the older students. For the past few years we have been praying for these students (thank all of you who have prayed). This year we have begun to see the fruit in a major way. Almost half of the Teachers Training College students are now professing to be born again Christians. The Secondary School (high school) students are also responding. Many of the older students responded at the crusade meetings and several even attended the Leaders' Conference. Karen Grubbs has also been ministering to these older students for the last several years. This year the team from Coupeville and Oak Harbor Foursquare churches really had a positive impact on the older students. The students loved them.

I really appreciated Pastor Sylvia Arnold, Linda Buskala and Kathy Dale from Coupeville, and Jana Bare from Oak Harbor. Their visit and ministry is a great example that you don't have to be "The Missionary" to have impacting ministry in Africa. This group led another 300 students and 9 teachers to the Lord. You or me or anyone of us, can be the Key for the LORD to open hearts and receive the Gospel. The key for you is, listen and do what the LORD invites you to do with HIM. We share the testimonies, and God touches peoples lives in ways we could never imagine. I just want to say a big thank you to each person who has ever come on one of our teams. You probably have no idea of the impact you have made on people here. Since this last team has left people are still coming and getting saved as a result of their ministry. The Coupeville people gave the students of Bright Star Secondary two full team soccer uniforms--were those kids ever excited!

This past month, as we held the Pastors and Leaders Seminars, with a simultaneous open air crusade, we saw many people respond to Christ. The number of those coming to Christ because of the ministry of that team is still growing. I love and appreciate the team from Eden Revival Church from Kampala who helped us. Gary and Louse introduced me to Pastor Morris and Christine. They have blessed us, and me personally so much, and now with their music team coming to Sudan, have brought great encouragement to us there also. Their love and passion for the LORD and to see people saved is heartfelt and expressed in their worship.

Karen Grubbs has been coming here for 5 years doing children's evangelism and discipleship ministry in the schools. She normally travels with a small team into the "Bush", but this year she was without a team to travel with her. I was proud of her courage and faith as she ventured into the Sudan with only her Sudanese translators. Her choice was to stay in Kampala or go it alone in Sudan. She said she came to Africa, not to sit in Kampala, Uganda, but to minister to the children in Sudan. So she did for a week before the other teams could arrive. She saw almost 1,200 students saved. PTL. That is high adventure. "GOOD going Karen, GOD bless you".

I appreciate Safe Harbor for their support and prayers. I think of them often and the Support dinner they had for me before I returned to Sudan. I think a lot about Fred and Susie Bawdy for the wonderful food they cooked up. WOW. I dream of it while I eat "posho" with my eyes closed. "MMMMM I'm eating Smoked Salmon Fettuccine." THANK YOU.

This year the crusades reached 500 people a night in Liwolo, and at least 2,000, in Wudu. There were 500 at the Leaders Conferences, 500 at our first Women's Conference. I am so excited when I think how successful that was. The Sudanese women loved and appreciated it so much. Some have stepped up to leadership as a result of that conference. Again I appreciate all my Sisters in the Lord and Ministry who have braved to come here, and impact these women here for the LORD. The impact of all the women on this last team is immeasurable. When you come next year I am sure you will not be able to believe the difference. PTL.

All together there were 1,483 students who made commitments along with 18 teachers. We had 257 people make commitments to Christ in the crusade meetings. A total 1824 people made commitments of their lives to Christ. We saw physical healings, demonic deliverances, bondages broken, one woman found the ability to forgive the person who had murdered her child.

We planted a new Church at Wodo as a result of the crusade there. We are busy training people in our local churches to do the work of the ministry. Justin and I are putting together a High Impact Intensive to meet the discipleship need immediately at hand. From this we are hoping the LORD will raise up new leaders that we can disciple into full-time ministry. Again we are amazed at the response. The LORD is at work here in a marvelous way. Thanks to the Foursquare Foundation, Foursquare Press and other individual donors we were able to distribute thousands of pieces of literature.

Thank you for your prayers. It is the LORD who is building HIS church. Pray that GOD will direct Gary, Louise, and me and give each of us a heart and mind conformed to HIS will and way; that we will see, hear, and respond with an obedient heart. We have many challenges before us at this time. We need to keep our eyes and hearts tuned close to HIS heart. I believe we are at a marvelous and fruitful time. We are riding a wave of HIS blessing of souls being saved. I tell you, the obstacles have been monumental and revealing, that this work is the LORD, not in the flesh, but by the power of GOD. PTL.

Thank you again for your Prayer and support.
I love this, I love the LORD. PTL.
I praise the LORD at my remembrance of you, and what the LORD has done, and how HE has used us. YES, US; and it is marvelous in our eyes. PTL.
Love Bro. Mark Warkentin.